Wednesday 17 June 2015

Fasting

Just had my last cup of coffee (black) for a month due to fasting starting tomorrow. I suppose I am lucky that unlike a lot of people I know I am not addicted to coffee or tea and so do not suffer with headaches, nausea or both when I stop. It's like a switch in my head which goes off when the fasting starts.


That's probably why I treated myself to an ice cream this morning. As I have always maintained - as long as the overall caloric balance is maintained it does not matter about the so called "bad" foods or treats in the long run. In fact such "cheating" helps you to maintain your dietary habits and allows you to stick to your goals.


What will be hard for me is the need to get up at 2:00 - 2:30am for the fast to start and prayer. I hate my sleep being disturbed and then to try to sleep when the stomach is semi-full.....

No comments:

Post a Comment